This puree is a real sensation. Sweet potato, as the name implies, can be quite sweet. The feta and lemon basil oil provide more balance. And the garden peas add a nice bite.
This dish is delicious with a simple salad and a piece of meat, fish, poultry or something vegetarian.
- lemon, basil, frozen garden peas: use for a salad, for example the nut rice salad with lemon dressing
- feta: use this product for a salad (see my Salads)
- frozen garden peas: easily kept in the freezer to use another evening
- fennel seeds: this herb has a longer shelf life
Bereidingswijze Zoete Aardappelpuree met citroen-basilicum & feta
September 2, 2020
: 2 pers
: 15 min
: 35 min
: 40 min
- Two sweet potatoes
- Tbsp lemonjuice
- 3 gr basil leaves
- Two tsp fennel seeds
- 100 gr feta
- 50 gr frozen garden peas
- 3½ tbsp good quality olive oil
- Tbsp olive oil for baking
- A dash of chili flakes/powder
- Salt & pepper
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Meanwhile, cut the sweet potatoes in half. Toss in a bowl with the olive oil for baking and some salt and pepper. Place the sweet potatoes, skin side up, on an oven tray lined with baking paper for 35 minutes.
- Step 2 Grind the fennel seeds with, for example, a mortar. Crumble the feta and mix with the fennel seeds, the chili, some salt and pepper and half a tbsp of the good quality olive oil. Set aside.
- Step 3 Finely chop the basil. Mix with the remaining 3 tbsp good quality olive oil and the lemon juice. Add salt and pepper and set aside as well.
- Step 4 If you are using frozen garden peas, defrost them now by placing them in hot water and then draining them.
- Step 5 Once the sweet potatoes are ready, you can easily remove the flesh with a spoon. Watch out because they’re hot! You could also of course let the potatoes cool down first. Put the pulp in a bowl and puree. Then stir in the garden peas and some salt and pepper.
- Step 6 Divide the puree over a bowl, spread the lemon-basil oil on top and then the feta. You can also serve part of the feta next to the puree so that everyone can sprinkle it over it themselves
- Step 7 Enjoy!